Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weekend...

FYI -- I started this post on May 11th, the Monday after Mother's Day. Oh, and I am FINALLY getting around to completing it and posting it. Here goes...


This past weekend was a very special one in my book. Saturday was my birthday and Sunday was my very first Mother's Day. I didn't have a lot planned because Wayne had to work all weekend. Saturday morning, Mom and I went to the Blooming Festival in Nashville. We walked around for a bit and then hung around for the parade. Jackson did better than I thought he would with the parade with all the noises. He did get scared when the marching band came through, but he quickly calmed down. Wayne was able to sit with us through the majority of the parade so it was nice to have a little bit of family time. Jackson's baby sitter and her boys also joined us for the parade and my brother and his fiance. Below are some of the pictures from the parade. Then Saturday afternoon when we got home, Jackson was really cranky. My little fella was getting very sick. He had a runny nose and just could not get comfortable. For the rest of the evening, he did have a low grade fever. We were able to go to mom's for birthday dinner and my brother fixed cheeseburgers on the grill. Jackson slept pretty well Saturday night but he was not any better Sunday morning. So, I decided to keep him at home and we spent some mommy/son time together. He was very uncomfortable most of the day. I made sure he had enough tylenol to keep his fever down, but when he was awake, he was very fussy. Last night wasn't much better. I spent the majority of the night holding him upright so that he could sleep. I tried to put him in his car seat so that I could try and get some rest and also keep him upright, but he didn't like that for too long.

Sunday was a stay at home day. Jackson's fever was still a little high and I wasnt feeling the greatest. My dad and step-mom brought me lunch and spent the afternoon with me. I was also able to finally wear my Mother's Day gift that I received in the mail the Monday before. It was a silver pendant with Jackson's name and date of birth engraved on it. Here is a picture:


My first Mother's Day was good. Really had to take on Mom duties and take care of a sick little one, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

0 comments: