Sunday, October 25, 2009

this weekend.

Tuesday, Jackson will be 9 months old. However, this weekend has been a weekend of milestones. Friday, I had to take Jackson to the doctor for his congestion and found out that he reached 20 pounds -- 20 pounds, 5 ounces to be exact. A three pound gain over three months isn't too bad I guess. However, while we were there, we found out that Jackson now has his first ear infection. It is really only in his right ear and there is just a little bit of fluid in there, but I am really hoping this is not a precursor for what is to come. Jackson of course is still in a good mood. He fell asleep tonight before I could get his medicine in him, but we will catch back up in the morning.

There were two more firsts for this weekend. He has started pulling up on things. He does really well on bar stools. He hasn't got off his knees to his feet yet, but he is pulling himself up from his belly to his knees. The other milestone I have bittersweet emotions about... he started crawling this weekend. Bittersweet in that I want him to crawl -- he is growing and that is the next step in his development -- BUT, he is now going to start to gain his independence... Oh, and getting into everything. I turned my head today and he pulled over a plant we have on the floor. He was playing in the dirt with Bobo right beside him sniffing the dirt. What am I going to do with them?!?!

Speaking of the two of them. It is really neat to watch them. Jackson is really starting to interact with Bobo. He will rub/hit is back to pet him. He really loves to try and get Bobo's feet and Bobo hates that. Bobo has a bone that Jackson loves to try and take from him. Now that Jackson is becoming more mobile, he follows Bobo to try and get the bone when he is chewing on it and then they start fighting over it. It is really fun to watch. But, the neat thing is how calm and gentle Bo is with Jackson. I knew we found a good pick with him. :)

I have a video of Jackson crawling, but it takes so long to load. I may try and do that later when I have a little more time. Until next time...

0 comments: